Sunday, September 13, 2009

Power In My Life

I feel like sometimes I'm stuck in a limbo. I wonder why I can't seem to progress beyong a point that is either just below break even or just above. Until I met Jade, I was constantly just below the break even. I don't know if I really had any direction. When I met Jade, life seemed to start getting better and better. Now, I'm at a point that we are constantly just above the curve. Oh, things continue to go up and down, but we don't ever have to borrow to stay ahead. A few years ago we had a good savings and we felt very comfortable for a year or so, but when we bought our house, we started using alot of that, office numbers haven't seemed as high and so we are in and out of the uncomfortable areas with our checking account.

So here I am. I don't really feel like I've gotten ahead. Yes, when we want to do something we can generally figure out a way to do it, but we keep that to a minimum. But, I think like most people, I really don't like living this way. I would like to get ahead, I would like to not worry about where things about going to be next month, or what is going to happen at retirement. Most people think we are doing well because I'm a chiropractor, and I don't mind people thinking that, but the reality is, I'm far from where I need to be if I'm going to be comfortable.

I need to figure out a way to get power. That's what I'm calling it, but I mean that I want to gain strength to be ahead in my profession and in my life. I’m talking about genuine power that helps me understand myself, what I need to do to be successful, and then to actually live that success.

I want to write about where I’m at, why I’m here, where I want to go, and how I hope to get there. I think most of us are pretty average. We all want money and success. The most important thing to me is my family and being happy. I want to suceed in my family so that I have a strong marriage and a strong relationship with my children. But I also want to suceed in the "world!" Mostly for myself, to show myself that I can really do it! But I also want to succeed for my wife and children. I think if you really look deep, most of us want this, and most of us, for whatever reason, don't feel like we are achieving this. This is why we have so many self-help books.

I want to talk directly to you my children and anyone who really wants success, you try achieve it, but you don’t feel like you can get there either because the opportunities don’t present themselves, you feel like you are just not made up of what it takes to make it happen, or you just really can’t figure out what you are doing that isn’t right. To those people who don’t care, this isn’t for you. One last note to my kids, I just never want you to feel like you are restricted by anything. I want to prove to myself and you that the power is within us to reach any goal we truly want to achieve. This is a real statement!

No comments:

Post a Comment